Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ladies' Day Speakers & Theme Ideas!


If your congregation needs a speaker for your next Ladies’ Day event, there a large amount of wonderful women speakers in the brotherhood.  In case you are struggling with trying to figure out who to contact, below is a list of the lady speakers who live in the South; the majority speak at Polishing the Pulpit Lectureship and do an excellent job. These women would be great for Ladies' Days!  You can either find them on Facebook or Google their congregation to contact them via their home congregation or contact House to House, Heart to Heart.  I have heard several of these ladies speak and an * will indicate the ladies I have heard. 

Alabama:
  • Mallory Baker: Dalraida church of Christ, Montgomery
  • Kelli Barker: Midway church of Christ, Trinity
  • *Cindy Colley: West Huntsville church of Christ, Huntsville
  • *Jana Lyons: Wetumpka church of Christ, Wetumpka
  • *Celine Sparks: Mastin Road church of Christ, Huntsville
  • Teresa Taylor: Northport church of Christ, Northport
  • Melissa Webster: Jacksonville church of Christ, Jacksonville
  • Wendy Wadley: Hoover
Florida:
  • Luverne Shepherd: Westside church of Christ, Pensacola
Georgia
  • Sameea Collins: Woodstock church of Christ, Woodstock (scollins127@windstream.net) 
Mississippi:
  • Sami Nicholas: Foote Street church of Christ, Corinth
  • Bonnie Rushmore: Winona church of Christ, Winona
  • *Betty Choate: Winona church of Christ, Winona
  • *Virginia Hamblin: Lake Harbour Drive church of Christ,  Ridgeland
  • June Franks: South Huntington Street church of Christ, Kosciusko
  • *Teresa Hampton: Siwell Road church of Christ, Jackson
  • Sandra Foster: Iuka Church of christ Iuka, Mississippi 
Tennessee:
  • Shanna Anderson: Zion church of Christ, Gainesboro
  • *Evelyn Apple: East Tennessee School of Preaching
  • Renita Archey: East Side church of Christ, Cleveland
  • *Sheila Butt: Anderson Bend church of Christ, Hickman County
  • *Janie Craun: White Bluff church of Christ, White Bluff
  • Leah Faughn: Lebanon Road church of Christ, Nashville
  • Amy Judd: Overton County
  • Beverly Meadows: East Tennesse School of Preaching
  • *Jane Washington: Sevierville church of Christ, Sevierville
  • *Diane Winkler: Huntington church of Christ, Huntington
Arkansas:
  •  Dr. Wyveta Kirk: Benton
Ladies’ Teacher’s Workshop
  • April Meacham: Batesville, MS
  • Teah McWhorter: Pell City, AL

Ladies' Day Themes (decoration theme in parentheses):

If your congregation is looking for a good theme for your Ladies' Day, here is a list of ideas. Feel free to post ideas that are not listed in the comment box.  

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade (lemons)
The woman's armor (armor)
Seeking Spiritual Beauty (cosmetics)
Keeping it Sweet and Simple (Cupcakes)
A Light Guiding Me (Lighthouses or candles)
Who is Your Anchor (Nautical)
Jesus, the Master Teacher (School house)
This is War (army)
Showers of Blessings (rainy day, umbrellas)
Fill Your Bucket (Flowers in buckets)
Healthy mind, healthy body, healthy soul (fitness)
Remove the rocks and the brook stops singing (nature)
Seasons of Thanksgiving (fall)
Balancing Your Act (circus, trapeze)
From Trash to Treasure (trash and treasure)
Finding the time... (clocks)
How Does My Garden Grow? (garden)
Sister to Sister
Fashioned by the Master (clothing and fashion)
Women at Work (construction)
Reflections (mirrors)
Just How Much Can We Bear? (bears)
A Day at the Spiritual Spa (spa)
What's in Your Bag? (purses)
Believe, Belong, Be Changed
Beautifully and Wonderfully Made
The Potter and the Clay (clay pots)
Packing for the Trip [to our eternal destination] (luggage)
The Woman Behind the Mask (masquerade)




11 comments:

  1. How can I be listed as a speaker from Benton Arkansas, about 15 miles south of Little Rock?
    Dr. Wyveta Kirk, Christian psychologist, author, and retired college teacher and family therapist. wyvetakirk@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful list of ladies. I would like to share our every growing nationwide directory of ladies day speakers for the church of Christ as well. https://churchofchristladyspeakers.wordpress.com/ If you or any of these ladies would like to be added to that directory. Some of the ones in the above list already are! :) God's blessings to you in your work for Him!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Please add me, Breanne Sullivan (Minister's wife at the Waynesboro church of Christ in Waynesboro, MS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful!! Please add me to the list of women's day speakers. I have not yet had the joy of speaking, but it is my dream. My name is Kristin Henderson, 32, and am from Zachary, Louisiana. I was raised in the Zachary Church of Christ. I have been married to my husband Joshua for 12 years and we have a 10 year old son named Jonah. Joshua was also raised in the Zachary Church of Christ. I would love to be listed and have the opportunity to make this happen. Thank you very much! Khenders83@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful!! Please add me to the list of women's day speakers. I have not yet had the joy of speaking, but it is my dream. My name is Kristin Henderson, 32, and am from Zachary, Louisiana. I was raised in the Zachary Church of Christ. I have been married to my husband Joshua for 12 years and we have a 10 year old son named Jonah. Joshua was also raised in the Zachary Church of Christ. I would love to be listed and have the opportunity to make this happen. Thank you very much! Khenders83@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you add me as a speaker. Kathy HUTCHENS @Snead Antiock church of Christ near Boaz Alabama. I have taught bible classes since I was an adult. My husband is an Elder and I have presented many places

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also a school counselor and have 3 children and 8 grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

  8. I was a stay at home mom until my children were in middle and high school. I then went to Alabama and Jacksonville for degrees in early childhood and elementary education (masters)
    School counseling (masters and EdSpecalist) school administration (masters). I taught 6 grade for 8 years and now am in my 17th year as a school counselor with 3rd thru 5th grades. I also taught computer science at Snead St Community College. I am married with 3 children, two daughters-in-law, one son-in-law, and 8 precious grandchildren.
    I have been attending Antioch Church of Christ, at Snead,Al, all of my life and a member since I was a teenager. I was fortunate enough to have been raised by Christian great grandparents, grandparents, and parents. My dad was an Elder ,which passed away almost 2 years ago, at Antioch and now my brother and my husband are both Elders.
    I have taught classes at Antioch since I was 19 years old and I now teach a young ladies class. I enjoy studying and preparing lessons for Ladies' Day's. It is my prayer that someone will hear and want to attend worship services again to learn or it will make me and others want to be a harder worker for the Lord. I strive daily to be a Faithful Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Breanne! I would like to be added to this list as well. I'm on Tiffany's list in the above link. I attend the Fairfax church of Christ in Winchester, KY with my husband and three children. In addition to speaking, I'm a Christian fiction author and have written two ladies study books that I use as themes for my speaking engagements: UnGODly Clutter and The Modern Virtuous Woman. I've also used the themes of A Sweet-Smelling Savior, Closer than a Sister, and What's Your Calling (A Study of Romans 12). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason this would only let me post as my work email, which blocks blog sites. Sorry! My name is Monica Mynk.

      Delete