Wednesday, May 29, 2013

There's a Great Day Coming

We as human's don't like to hear disheartening news; and when it comes to truth, often times we'd just rather shy away from it, than face reality.  According to the Word of God we will all stand one on one with God in Judgement.  What a sad day that will be for some, and a happy day that will be for others.  Below are some excuses that the Word of God says won't work on that coming day:

Lord, I didn't know enough. "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" (Psalm 119:105).

Lord I didn't know which church to join. "And I say.... I will build my church" (Matthew 16:18). Search, and investigate to know the truth (John 7:52)

Lord, I didn't believe I could hold out. "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13).  

Lord, I thought sincerity was all I needed. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter.... but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven (Matthew 7:21).

Lord, I thought my preacher was right. "They received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so" (Acts 17:11).

Lord, I didn't think I was good enough. "Such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified" (1 Corinthians 6:11).

Lord, I was a afraid to offend my family. "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:37)

Lord, the church was not popular. "God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth...but Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord" (Genesis 6:5-8).

Lord, there were too many hypocrites in the church. "We must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad" (2 Corinthians 5:10).

Lord, I thought there was plenty of time. "But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee..." (Luke 12:20).

- Author Unknown

For a free Bible Correspondence Course mailed to your home, please contact Seth Sullivan at the Waynesboro Church of Christ at 601-270-3270 or me at 601-517-6545.

No comments:

Post a Comment